Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I have decided!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member perndragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2005
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello Everyone,
    After going back and forth over what new dress to get my Felicity I have decided to get her Rose garden dress. However I have question to ask all of you who have this dress, I will be buying a new Mattel made dress and am wondering what the fabric is like, is it like her new meet dress or is a more cotton weave type fabric? My decision was based on a 2001 catalog that I found recently, she looks so much prettier in it than she does on the website. I wish they made catalogs like they used to, Have a happy day everyone.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good choice!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Can't answer your fabric question, but I have to say that I LOVE the rose garden (formerly the "meet") outfit. We have almost all of Felicity's outfits, and that dress is my favorite.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great choice!I have the mattel made one and I like it!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sorry to say that I did not like the Mattel made one. I bought it and was disappointed, the fabric for me was much more blah than the catalog and I ended up sending it back and buying one off of ebay. Just thought I'd put in my two cents. Good luck!
    Shanna

  5. #5
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have one, and it's just cotton. I think mine is PM though, because it's huge on my newer dolls.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member calyndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have both PM and Mattel versions. There are only minor differences between them. The Mattel colors are just slightly different than the older one. The fabric is cotton, not "swishy-swashy" fabric at all. They are both lovely and I think you will enjoy it as a more "every day" dress for Felicity, instead of the ball gown type newer dresses.

    btw, I like your screen name and avatar pic. I made up my screen name long ago with Pern in mind. Have you read all the books? Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk about Pern.

    ~Abby

  7. #7
    Inactive Member perndragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2005
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you all for your replies it is good to know that my choice is sound I was really worried that with Mattel owning AG all of Felicity's clothes would be the swishy type fabric of her new meet dress and not of a woven material as some of them should be.
    Anne McCaffery is one of my other loves, After I had read almost all of the AG historicals I fell in love with sci/fi and fantasy writers and she is my favorite I have read most of her books even the non Pern related ones. I even have a leather bound, first edition, autographed copy of Pegusus in Space that I won from her website. I am also a huge bibliophile, a lover and collector of books. Which explains my screename and my avatar. Happy reading everyone. Great name Calyndra very Pern like!

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ December 30, 2005 05:34 PM: Message edited by: perndragon ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ December 30, 2005 05:36 PM: Message edited by: perndragon ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 30, 2005 05:37 PM: Message edited by: perndragon ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •